Mô tả công việc
Main purpose of job:
Border Force plays a key role in preventing International Wildlife Trade criminality and deals with Border security at all levels. It also has a vital role in supporting national prosperity, through the facilitation of legitimate travel and protection of revenue. It operates with a number of key partners in terms of security and law enforcement.
The main purpose of the job is to provide support to a team of Border Force staff working with and in Vietnam to share experience and build the capacity of Vietnam’s Customs Department under a global programme called Project Hunter. The team will be resourced to work in the customs areas of air freight, maritime freight and containers.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
• Liaise and mediate between the Vietnamese authorities, Project Hunter and intermediary organisations to further develop Project Hunter. Operate within an operational environment at the Air Cargo Terminal and Warehouses, the Container Port or where ever required plus act as interlocutor at meetings with Vietnam Customs and other Vietnamese government bodies
• Provide Vietnamese-English translation
• Provide to UK regular assistance in line with the UK agreed best practice.
• Work with law enforcement colleagues in a number of pressured environments such as airports and port
• Help the Border Force team liaise with airlines/shipping companies/agents to identify cargo or consignments of concern
• Empathise with colleagues and engage with local staff to gain their trust and confidence to enhance the project goals
• Act as cultural advisor on Vietnamese social mores for the Border Force team.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
This post will manage the driver, also liaise with UK support desk and corporate services regarding expenditure in an assisting role.
Yêu cầu công việc
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
• Previous work experience within a law enforcement environment preferred.
• Knowledge of customs procedures
• A high level of written and spoken English and Vietnamese
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to show empathy and engage with colleagues
• Flexible to work out of office hours, night shift, weekend and willingness to change or add shifts at short notice as required
• Fluent in English and Vietnamese
Required competencies: Seeing the Big Picture, Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Engaging Internationally
*** HOW TO APPLY:
1. Please visit https://fco.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/candidate/post/7826/en-GB and APPLY DIRECTLY TO OUR WEBSITE. Applications through any other channels will not be accepted.
2. All applications must be received before 19 September 2018 at 23:55 Vietnam Standard Time.
3. Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
4. The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
Phúc lợi công việc
Application deadline: 19 September 2018
Grade: B3 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Working hours per week: 35
Duration of Post: 12 months
Region: Asia Pacific
Location (City): Hanoi
Type of Post: British Embassy
Number of vacancies: 1
Starting monthly salary (VND): 30,016,419
Start Date: 22 October 2018
Other benefits and conditions of employment
The successful candidate will work for an average of 35 hours nett per week. However, given the nature of this job, occasional weekend work or work outside of normal office hours, usually at night is expected.
The successful applicant will need to:
• Undergo a security clearance process;
• Observe the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s Diversity and Equality policies;
• Be able to act as an Interpreter at high level meetings, formal and informal.
Cách thức ứng tuyển
Ứng viên nộp hồ sơ trực tuyến bằng cách bấm nút Nộp đơn dưới đây